How your chiropractors in Broken Arrow can help
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition caused by the nerves at your wrist being squeezed due to narrowing of the carpal tunnel space. This space contains the median nerve, a main nerve in your hand. When the nerve is compressed, it can result in pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of function in your arm, wrist, and the fingers of your hand. Sometimes these symptoms can be debilitating.
Fortunately, you can get relief from carpal tunnel syndrome thanks to your chiropractors Dr. R. Brent Newcomb and Dr. Doug Newcomb at Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK. They have several effective treatments to ease your carpal tunnel symptoms.
Carpal tunnel is a common problem for people who use their wrists and hands frequently. It is common with keyboarding, computer use, and other professions that require repetitive motion of your hands and arms. It can also be caused by medical conditions including rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes.
If you are noticing pain, tingling, numbness, or other symptoms in your wrist, hand, or fingers, there are a few things you can do to feel better. Remember to:
- Stretch your palms and fingers frequently, especially while you work
- Take breaks to rest your wrists, hands, and fingers
- Wear a wrist splint while you sleep for added support and comfort
Your chiropractors at Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic may recommend one or more of several techniques and therapies including:
- Massage therapy, to relax tense muscles, ligaments, and tendons; therapeutic massage can increase flexibility and mobility, decrease swelling, and help reduce pain.
- Release techniques to reduce tension and reduce scar tissue which may be pressing or pinching nerves; release techniques can help injured tissue heal by increasing circulation and promoting natural healing.
- Thermal therapies to boost circulation; hot and cold therapy can decrease pain by reducing swelling and inflammation.
For more detailed information about carpal tunnel syndrome, please visit the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome page on the Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic website at https://www.chiropractorbrokenarrow.com/carpal-tunnel-syndrome.html
If you are dealing with carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s best to seek out the help of the experts. Early treatment means a faster recovery for you so call your chiropractors Dr. R. Brent Newcomb and Dr. Doug Newcomb at Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, today!