Shoulder pain and discomfort can interfere with the ability to carry out regular daily activities. The pain can make it difficult to perform certain movements involving the shoulder joint. It can even affect your ability to sleep comfortably and peacefully. Fortunately, there are many effective chiropractic therapies and treatments for shoulder pain. Dr. Brent Newcomb and Dr. Doug Newcomb, the experienced chiropractors at Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, treat shoulder pain.
Shoulder Conditions & Injuries
Shoulder discomfort and pain can develop as a result of several different factors. Some causes of shoulder pain include injuries, overuse, performing repetitive motions, and certain health conditions, such as arthritis. Aging can also contribute to shoulder pain as degenerative changes begin to occur in the shoulder joint.
Examples of shoulder injuries and conditions associated with pain and discomfort include:
- Tendonitis — Inflammation in the biceps or rotator cuff tendons due to performing repetitive motions.
- Shoulder bursitis — Inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs that protect the tendons.
- Pinched nerve — Pressure on a nerve that can cause pain, numbness, or tingling.
- Rotator cuff injury — A tear in the tissues around the shoulder joint that connect muscle tissue to bone.
- Shoulder instability — A condition in which the upper arm bone is not firmly held in place in the shoulder joint.
- Shoulder impingement syndrome — A reduction in the space between the rotator cuff tendons and the acromion shoulder bone.
- Shoulder osteoarthritis — The gradual wearing away of cartilage in the shoulder joint.
- Frozen shoulder — A thickening and tightening of the tissues around the shoulder joint.
When To See Our Chiropractor
It is recommended that you see a chiropractor following a shoulder injury to ensure it heals properly. An injury that does not heal correctly can lead to chronic pain and discomfort, as well as additional complications.
You should also consider seeing a chiropractor for shoulder pain if you are experiencing any of the following;
- You previously dislocated the shoulder
- The pain has persisted for several weeks
- Sleeping is difficult because of the pain
- Over-the-counter treatments have not provided relief
- There is a popping, clicking, or snapping sound in the shoulder
- You have pain or discomfort when reaching backward, across the body, or raising the arm over the head
Chiropractic Therapies for Shoulder Pain
Chiropractic techniques are extremely effective at treating many different types of pain and discomfort, including shoulder pain. Our skilled chiropractors utilize a diverse range of therapies and methods for treating shoulder pain at our office in Broken Arrow, OK, and will develop a custom treatment plan tailored to your needs. Some chiropractic treatments for shoulder pain include:
- Myofascial release
- Articulatory techniques
- Cervical spinal manipulation
- Strengthening exercises
- Stretching exercises
- Scapular mobilization
If you have shoulder pain, we can help. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Brent Newcomb and Dr. Doug Newcomb to learn more about chiropractic treatments for shoulder pain by calling Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, at (918) 251-4239.