How your chiropractors in Broken Arrow, OK, can help you get relief from shoulder pain
When you have shoulder pain, it can be difficult to get through your day. Fortunately, your chiropractor knows how to treat your shoulder pain, to get you moving again. Dr. Doug Newcomb and Dr. Brent Newcomb at Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, offer a wide range of chiropractic services, including treatment of shoulder pain.
So, what causes shoulder pain? The truth is, shoulder pain can be caused by many factors. The top 3 reasons why you might experience shoulder pain include:
- Rotator cuff tendon overuse or injury (tendonitis)
- Misaligned vertebrae affecting your shoulder
- Inflammation of the bursa in your upper shoulder (bursitis)
Other causes of shoulder pain include:
- Age-related conditions like arthritis
- Nerve impingement or a frozen shoulder
- Dislocated or fractured bones
For minor shoulder pain, you can try a few easy remedies at home, including:
- Icing your shoulder several times each day to limit swelling
- Wearing a sling to minimize shoulder movement and pain
- Taking over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication to reduce pain and swelling
For moderate to severe shoulder pain that doesn’t respond to home therapies, you should seek out the help of your chiropractor, who may recommend:
- Manual adjustment of your spine and shoulder to correct misalignment
- Therapeutic massage to relax your muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Stretching and physical therapy to increase flexibility and range-of-motion
- Wearing a sling to limit shoulder movement while your shoulder heals
You deserve to live a life with less pain. Shoulder pain can limit your activity level and your ability to work, but there is help. Your chiropractor knows how to relieve shoulder pain and get you moving again.
To learn more about the causes and treatment of shoulder pain, talk with the experts. Call Dr. Doug Newcomb and Dr. Brent Newcomb of Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, at (918) 251-4239. Call today.